Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Love You-Truly-






At work yesterday a woman began to leave after purchasing something and as she did, she turned her head slightly, looking not at me, but at soaps on her right, and confidently proclaimed "God Bless You!" and as it always does, though I didnt take note until this time, I got a rush of love and my face turned red, not in embarrassment or shame, but in thankfulness. Then I began to think about that statement, I have no doubt that her intentions were loving! But I began to ponder my own, do i give those words, the name of my Lord, enough credit? Have I let it become a casual clique? What about "I love you" is it simply a mandatory response? Or do I feel it, hold it, fully take responsibility and joy for these powerful words?! As its valentines day today, I am renewed by the awesome and fulfilling Love of my King of Kings! I am thankful for the people I love in my life, and the people that Love me! But I want them to know, that I dont say "I Love You" without understanding, or for some kind of acclimation from them. I say it....because its true!
Do you?
The tongue is SOOO POWERFUL!

Jeremiah 9:3
"They make ready their tongue like a bow, to shoot lies; it is not by truth that they triumph in the land. They go from one sin to another; they do not acknowledge me," declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 9:8
Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks with deceit. With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor, but in his heart he sets a trap for him.

It gets pretty serious, as we see in James:


James 1:26
If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

However there is hope! If we are submitting our words to God and letting Him rule us through Love!

Acts 2:26
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope,

Psalm 37:30
The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just

Proverbs 10:19
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

Psalm 139:4
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD


I am so thankful that God loves us so dearly, that even though he knows we will tell lies, cause pain, and deception, he still loves us!!! I am learning, be it ever so slowly, to sacrifice my words to him. Its a challenge, and I dont doubt I will make mistakes. But this valentines day I am reminded of the beauty of speaking the truth. In Love, with Praise and Thankfulness!!!!

No comments: